What we are:
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of the East San Gabriel & Pomona Valleys is a community based prevention and treatment organization. We are a non-profit organization affiliated with the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. NCADD of ESG & PV's was established in the East San Gabriel & Pomona Valleys in 1972.
What we believe:
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of East San Gabriel & Pomona Valleys believes alcoholism/drug addiction is a disease, as defined by the American Medical Association. Although progressive, and often fatal, the disease of alcoholism/drug addiction is treatable. Early detection is the key to successful treatment of any illness and alcoholism/drug addiction is no exception.
The mission of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) is to reduce the incidence and prevalence of the disease of alcoholism, other drug addiction diseases and related problems. In the pursuit of this mission, NCADD seeks to:
- Prevent the disease of alcoholism, other drug addiction diseases and related problems.
- Educate the public about alcoholism, other drug addictions and related problems.
- Encourage the proper diagnosis, treatments and continuum of care for individuals and families with alcoholism, other drug addictions and related problems.
What we understand:
- Alcoholism affects 14 million Americans directly, 76 million indirectly.
- 3 out of every 10 Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related traffic accident during their lifetime.
- Alcohol contributes to 100,000 deaths annually
- Alcoholism costs the U.S. economy more than $166.5 billion annually in health and welfare services, property damage, and medical expenses.
- At least 11.9% of all employees have alcohol/drug problems, costing industry more than $82 billion annually in lost employment and reduced productivity.
- Successfully treating alcohol/drug problems costs ten times less than the current cost of alcohol/drug problems to society.
- Alcohol and other drugs are involved in:
- 68% of all manslaughter charges
- 62% of all assaults
- 62% of all child abuse cases
- 68% of all murders
- 54% of violent crimes
- 52% of all rapes
- 40% of all traffic fatalities
What we provide:
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of East San Gabriel & Pomona Valleys provides prevention, treatment, education, and referral services regarding alcoholism/and other drug addictions and related issues.
NCADD emphasizes the utilization of volunteers, organizations, other agencies, business and coalitions from the community, and currently provides a wide variety of community-based services, including fee-based DUI Programs for first, second and third offenders; fee-based PC1000 Drug Diversion Program for Adults; a Family Reunification Program; Parenting Classes; ADAPT (Alcohol and Drug Awareness for Teens); a Comprehensive Treatment Program for Adolescents (Choices & Changes); Smoking Cessation Classes; Information & Referrals based on Community Needs; an Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program for Adults; Proposition 36 Treatment Programs; Domestic Violence Batterer's Treatment Program, Anger Management for Adults and Adolescents; Random Drug Testing; Individual Counseling, Assessments and Screenings for Alcohol and other Drugs and Intervention Services.
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of East San Gabriel & Pomona Valleys is partially funded through grants from the Office of Alcohol and Drug Program Administration of Los Angeles County. The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of East San Gabriel & Pomona Valleys is able to offer various community based programs on a sliding scale based on an individual's ability to pay by means of funding received from the Office of Alcohol and Drug Program Administration of Los Angeles County.